Friday, July 4, 2014

Catching Up

Sorry I haven't been posting regularly; I'm still getting the hang of this! These past few days I have spent a lot of time with my family doing various things, which has been super fun!! We're all so busy, so it's kinda rare that we all get together and do something fun.

Thursday
Everyone in my family except my twin Will (he kept sleeping) took a day trip to Austin. We ate lunch at Home Slice Pizza- supposedly the best pizza place in Austin, and I must say it was super yummy. Then we hung around South Congress for a little while and looked at the shops, which was fun. SoCo is the cutest and artsiest little area and I always have so much fun window shopping there (aside from the HEAT... ugh Texas). Next, my brother Sam wanted to go shop at Waterloo Records. It's in this cool area near the huge Whole Foods which I love shopping in because it's huge and awesome and ya. Anyway, though, there was an Anthropologie across the street from Waterloo, and I found the cutest top ON SALE (love when that happens), so of course I got it. Weirdly enough, that's the first clothing I have bought in the longest time... I'm not much of a shopper. My mom and I also took a quick look in Book People, which is this artsy book store. Next, we headed home, but not before stopping at the outlet malls in San Marcos. I didn't actually buy anything, but everyone else in my family did. Like I said, I'm not much of a shopper... I'd done my day's worth already. We then headed home (listening to Sam's new Black Keys CD) and watched Anchorman 2 together. Overall a great day!

Friday
While most people were out and about for the Fourth of July, the Bertons had a rather relaxed day. Sam, my mom, and I went to Sam Ash and got some cool sheet music, and we all pretty much relaxed at home the rest of the day. We then celebrated America's birthday with Mexican food (typical). We're all so busy and dysfunctional; today was the first time in forever that all 5 of us have eaten dinner together, and I really enjoyed it!

In the future, I will try to post pictures when I do something like this, but I'm the literal worst at taking pictures, so SORRY! You'll have to deal with it this time, but I promise I'll try my best to take more pictures :).

Also, I'm going to New Orleans for a mission trip with my church this coming Sunday. I'm super excited to see the things we'll be doing and building relationships with my peers and Christ. I get back the following Saturday, so I'll see you then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment